Brundidge, AL 36010
Our facilities are conveniently located for the Brundidge, Ariton, and Jack communities. The main building, closest to the front of our property, hosts all regularly scheduled Sunday activities. The multi-purpose building is just behind the main building and hosts various activities.
We believe Jesus clearly defines the mission of every church as making disciples (Matthew 28:16-20). A disciple is simply one who follows a leader to learn from them and mimic their lives. Our aim, then, is for everything we do as a church to help others faithfully follow Jesus.
- The Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All things exist for the glory of God.
- All humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action.
- The deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- Individuals were created to exist forever. They will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God by grace through faith. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally with God is heaven. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence.
- Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
- Since God gives eternal life through Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation forever. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the efforts of the believer.
- Our baptism is by immersion after salvation because it is a matter of submission, identification, and representation.
- GOD’S PRESENCE. It may seem odd for a church to mention valuing God’s presence since interacting with Him through prayer, scripture, and song have been practices of most churches since the first church. Yet, we find in daily life and in corporate worship that it is easy to go through the motions of our routine practices without stopping to remember and appreciate the fact that God is near. We want to know God personally in our individual routines and in our gatherings.
- MISSION. Jesus has clearly told His followers to multiply themselves, helping others to hear, understand, and live the gospel message. The natural instinct is for individuals and organizations to drift from their purpose of origin. We are committed to fighting the drift and staying fixed on being messengers of God’s grace with our words and lives. We unashamedly care about people who do not know Jesus and we want to reflect that care in all we do.
- THE GOSPEL. Scripture is a key way in which God leads His people and the Bible’s focused message is the gospel of His grace. We are committed to scriptural truth being the story we build our lives around. You will find us striving to understand and embody scripture in our Sunday School classes and unpacking focused passages of scripture in our messages. We want to memorize, meditate on, and have lives moved by the gospel.
- AUTHENTIC RELATIONSHIPS. The gospel promises that God loves us just as we are. This truly unconditional love has the power to free us from shame and sin. Having experienced this love from God, we want to be a community that offers this kind of love to others. Nobody has life all figured out. Everyone always has next steps with God. Relationships based on the grace of God provide support for taking those next steps and unmistakable love regardless of how many stumbles or backward steps are taken.